Cat Affection |Cat Love
100 Ways To Love a Cat OK 5 Easy Ways To Love A Cat 😉
Have you ever wondered how to show your cat affection or that you love him? Okay, so this post won’t be 100 ways to love a cat, but 5 ways you can show your cat affection and that you care about him and love him. As with most online top ten lists, not every cat or every person acts or responds the same. This top five cat list is meant to inspire you and help you create a lasting bond with your cat. So, use it wisely and when in doubt, ask your cat.
5 Ways to Love a Cat
- Feed your cat a biologically appropriate diet. Cats are true carnivores. It’s all about the meat with these fanged felines. Those teeth are meant for tearing and shredding, not crunching dry cat food. Feeding a cat a raw diet, home cooked diet, or canned cat food is best. Learn how to feed your cat a healthy diet here.
- Provide yearly wellness exams. I’m not talking about over-vaccinating your cat or applying toxic topical flea treatments, but a yearly vet visit. As much as we may think our cats are healthy and doing well, only a veterinarian can fully evaluate your cat’s well-being. She is able to listen to your cat’s heart, palpitate his joints, check your cat’s ears and vision, and provide necessary blood work. Yearly veterinary visits are important for all cats, but particularly senior cats or cats with a medical condition.
- Play with your cat daily. Oh, please, oh, please play games with your cat. Although you may see your cat lying around the house all day sunning himself, I bet if you grab one of his favorite cat toys he just might be ready to pounce, stalk, chase, or chew that cat toy. Cat play is a great way to increase the bond and help alleviate boredom, stress, and inappropriate behavior.
- JUST BE. Some cats, particularly new cats or cats that have been rescued simply appreciate your sitting on the sofa next to them reading a book….out loud. This is a great way to show your cat that you are there and that you are someone they can trust. Sometimes trying to be too pushy and engaging with your cat can actually shut them down.
- Listen to your cat. As I mentioned at the beginning of this cat blog, it’s important to recognize not all cats or people like the same things. Providing your cat affection is so critical in a loving relationship. It’s important to recognize signs of cat affection and take your cat’s lead. Watch your cat daily and interact with him. Listen to what he has to say. If you start petting him and he squishes down or flattens his ears, he might not be enjoying being petted at that moment. Back off, try something else, or just go to #4 and JUST BE. Your cat will appreciate your listening.
How do you show your cat affection? Tell me in the comments.
Are you looking for even more ways to stay up to date with Raising Your Pets Naturally? Sign up for the newsletter for more tips and promotions. Don’t forget to be social and Like, Follow and Subscribe. Comments below are always welcome.