Toledo Dog Training, Perrysburg Puppy Classes, Maumee Dog Trainers and Dog Training Classes
Perrysburg Puppy Training and Dog Training
Toledo Dog Training Policy
- Registration: Pre-registration/payment is required. Because we offer small class sizes to ensure individual attention, classes fill quickly. Classes will not be held until payment is received. Class registration closes 5 days prior to start date.
- Where To Register: We offer online registration. If you do not have internet access, please contact us to register for a class.
- Registration Confirmation: After we have received your payment, you should expect to receive an email confirmation letter, with registration forms no later than least two days after registration. After filling out the appropriate information, please send your application to us. If you do not receive a confirmation letter, please contact Toledo Dog Training- raisingyourspetsnaturally @ gmail.com
- Orientation Policy: The orientation video can be viewed online 10 days prior to the first day of class. Orientation is important and has homework lessons for you and your dog to complete PRIOR to your first night of class. Ideally, you should practice these lessons for a week before your start date. If you do not have computer access, your orientation materials will be mailed to you in a print version.
- Insufficient Funds/Check Return Fee: $35
ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND AGREEMENT TO HOLD HARMLESS
I understand that attendance at a dog training class is not without risk to myself, members of my family or guests who may attend, or my dog, because some of the dogs to which I (we) will be exposed may be difficult to control and may be the cause of injury even when handled with the greatest amount of care. I hereby waive and release Tonya Wilhelm, its officers, employees, owners, members, and agents from any injury or damage resulting from the action of the dog, and I expressly assume the risk of any such damage or injury while attending any training session or while on the training grounds or the surrounding area thereto. In consideration of and as inducement to the acceptance of my application for training I hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless release Tonya Wilhelm, its officers, employees, members, and agents from any and all claims, or claims by any member of my family or any other person accompanying me to any training session or while on the grounds or the surrounding area thereto as a result of any action of any dog, including my own.
I have filled the class application out with information that is honest and complete.
- Domestic Dogs: Any canid that is part wild canid and that is not 100% domestic dog will not be allowed in class.
- Inappropriate or Dangerous Dogs: Any dog which, in the opinion of Tonya Wilhelm, is reactive, uncontrollable, fearful, unpredictable, or aggressive, in any way a danger to people or dogs will not be allowed in group classes. Trainer, at her discretion, may refuse entry to a dog which is not healthy, is aggressive or fearful, or does not seem suitable for the environment at hand.
- All dogs enrolling in group class should not be shy or aggressive towards people or other dogs. They should not have any problems if an adult of child approaches to pet, or another dog walks by. If your dog does not fill these requirements, please contact us for private instruction.
- Please Note: Dogs that have been trained for any type of bite work or protection cannot enroll in classes at Toledo Dog Training.
- No refund will be given under such circumstances.
- If you have any questions about your dog’s eligibility, please contact us prior to registering.
- Primary Handler: For the sake of consistency for the dog, we ask that you choose one “primary” handler to actually work with the dog in every class. For liability reasons, one adult over 18 years of age must be the primary handler in class.
- Youth: Anyone aged 7 -17 participating in classes must have a parent or responsible adult in attendance at all times. Children under 7 years of age must be accompanied by a non-participating adult at all times while on the premises. Visitors are welcome to watch our classes in the waiting room. Please note that peanut butter is utilized around the training center frequently.
- Dogs in the same household: We find that it is often counterproductive to have two dogs from the same household in the same beginner level class. We leave this decision up to you.
- Dogs on Leash: All dogs must remain on their leash when on the premises unless instructed otherwise.
- Proper Dog Training Equipment: All dogs in our puppy & beginner classes are required to be on a 4-6″ nylon or leather leash. No extended-leashes or chains permitted in class. The dog’s leash must be attached to a harness or head collar, not a collar. We typically suggest a front clipping harness. Click here to find out why & for harness & leash suggestions. Harness are only permitted during class. Last Updated January 2015
- No Unsolicited sniffing: We ask all owners to be aware of their dog’s behavior while on the leash. All handlers are asked to not allow their dog free access to sniff another person’s dog.
- Humane Treatment: Any person enrolled in class must agree to use humane training methods that would reflect Toledo Dog Training’s philosophy. Specifically, no shock collars, pinch/prong, choke or citronella collars will be allowed, no ear-pinching, and no harsh or inhumane treatment of dogs (including but not limited to hanging, strangling, choking, kicking, dragging, beating, hitting, striking, slamming, throwing or any other pain-inducing method).
- Clean Up: All handlers must clean up after their dogs when on the premises.
- Females in Heat: Female dogs in heat should not be brought to class. *No refund will be given under such circumstances.
- Absences: If you know you will miss a class, please let your instructor know so that you can be given your homework via email or the week before. We encourage you to attend even if your dog cannot! In fairness to the other students, make-up classes are not available, so please plan carefully. A private lesson may be able to be scheduled if time permits (private instruction fees apply).
- Class schedules subject to be changed or rescheduled due to less than 3 dogs in a class, severe weather conflicts or due to illness. Your instructor will notify you of any schedule changes.
- Full credit/transfer/refund if we cancel class.
- Because we offer small class sizes to ensure individual attention, we do not offer a refund for owners canceling class prior to 30 days of class start date. Please plan carefully.
- All cancellations must be received in writing to: Tonya Wilhelm PO Box 91 Holland, OH 43528
**Sorry, no exceptions.
Last Updated July 2, 2011